Hello! (Sulphur Water?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nelladeymx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So. Recently I've decided to build an aquarium This isn't going to be happening for another 4-6 months, just because it's around then I will need a project like that. But After planning out a, 5'x2'x3' Tank. and realizing it will be about 220 gallons (Thanks to a converter on the internet for saving us from my terrible math skills) And thinking about the water, I realized something. Where I intend to use it, uses a well. The well water smells very strongly of Sulphur. But we do drink it. My concern is, Will the sulphur hurt the fish?

Now, I've been looking at some of the older posts, but they are from 2004. Im hoping their might be a more set in stone answer. Is there anything I can do to ensure the water wont be harmful? I want a tank with Angels,Clown Loach's, Bali Sharks, And maybe some Tetra's/Gourami's and maybe Chinese High Fins, as I read that they can all get along well together. Will the water be harmful to them? As I don't want to take the fish and Slowly harm them cause their water isn't proper. I don't know of any labs nearby that I could get the water tested at.

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong space, or posted something thats been answered half a billion times guys. :D

Also, I am a very new Hobbyist, While I did have aquariums for years when I was younger, I never planned them out or did research.

Does anyone have any idea's or thoughts even about what I should do?

Back
Top Bottom