Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gus

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Gus, form North Carolina. I'm fairly newish to the fish keeping world. I had a 10 gallon tank for about a year now. I also had a 55 gallon tank that I wasn't using due to a move and lack of space.

Last night I finally set the 55 gallon tank, and I'm currently cycling the filter using ACE Hardware ammonia. I seeded the filter using parts of the 10 gallon filter, so I hope everything will go smoothly. The first time I had the 55 gallon running I did the cycle using danios, and it wasn't easy. All those water changes got to me.

In the 10 gallon tank I have 4 ghost shrimp, a male dwarf gournami, and 3 dwarf gourami females. I used to have a Betta male in there, but from all of the sudden he develop a huge tumor, and I had to put him down. He lived with me for about a year.

In the 55 gallon I have it setup to be a mbuna cichlids tank. I used play sand and river rocks for decoration. The filter I'm running in there is a Emperor 400, but I will need to install a second filter. I have another HOB filter that came with the tank, but I'm leaning towards an external canister filter (boy, those are expensive though) How many cichilids can I keep in a 55 gallon? I read somewhere along the lines of 12? Is that possible?

Thanks in advance.

Gus

welcometoaa.gif

Back
Top Bottom