Helloooo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamiemast1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hellooo,

Brand newbie, just bought my first tank today... 48 Litres (about 10/12 Gallons I think)... Waiting for the water to be right now so I can get some fish in a week. By the way, tropical freshwater tank.

Any advice always welcome :)

Thanks,
Jamie

+1 on that article, fishless cycle is a must. If you have any questions after that just shoot.

Thanks all for the welcome. I find the fishless cycles very confusing indeed and not sure what I'm really supposed to be doing.

Bought tank Sunday, so really second full day today. Am adding a thing called "Filter Start", every two days to help the new filter, as it states on the bottle that came with the tank.

Am I supposed to be doing anything else? Should I be taking my water to be tested at LFS already?

Help and advice welcome :)

jamiemast1 said:
Thanks all for the welcome. I find the fishless cycles very confusing indeed and not sure what I'm really supposed to be doing.

Bought tank Sunday, so really second full day today. Am adding a thing called "Filter Start", every two days to help the new filter, as it states on the bottle that came with the tank.

Am I supposed to be doing anything else? Should I be taking my water to be tested at LFS already?

Help and advice welcome :)

Welcome Aboard!

I'd suggest getting the API FW Master test kit and testing the water yourself.

Ok, will look in to that... Is it easy to do and understand the results?

Once I've got it, how often do I test and is there anything else I'm meant to be doing now?

Thanks for your advice :)

Ok, will look in to that... Is it easy to do and understand the results?

Once I've got it, how often do I test and is there anything else I'm meant to be doing now?

Thanks for your advice :)

Read the instructions carefully and do a few tests so you get familiar with it. I don't know how the starter stuff works that came with your tank, but chances are you're gonna have to feed the bacteria it's supposed to have in it.

Here's another fishless cycling thread that you might want to check out: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/fishless-cycling-for-dummies-103339.html

Back
Top Bottom