Help! Can't Breath!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

border324

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi
need help on what i think is gill disease!
about 1 month ago i bought a triger fish from my
Code:
local pet store
i put him stright in to my main tank with my 2 clown fish. after a few days go by i see my trigger start to lay on the bottom of my tank and scrach him self on rock work. i started to see his fin on the side of him start to rot away. i went to my friend and he says it looks like its too bad to treat he would not make it! so i put him to sleep. hoping what he had did not spread to my 2 clown fish. now i just seen them do it too but they are not losing there fins. it looks like they are gasping for breath buy opening there mouth wide. there also spasing out. so i went out and bought a Q-tank and had put them in it. along with this med call Maracyn.
my friend has been working with saltwater for 20 years and i trust him but i would like to get a sec opinion.
Maracyn is a med just for fin and tail rot, popeye,gill disease and body fungus. has any one here heard of it and how could i go by helping them.
also is this a disease that will stay in my tank or will it die if there's no fish for it to host. and how long will it take to die off :? [/b]

i never seen a white dust over my clowns i infact lost the two clowns last night both of them . that seem odd to me. could it have been the meds and why.
thats michael

Back
Top Bottom