help clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjwin98

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi i have a 75 fowlr i have 5 green chromis,1 clown, 10 turbo snails. levels
ph 8.4
ammonia 0
nitrIte 0
nitrAte 20
salt 1.021
the best levels ever for me. i came home from work today and the clown fish is swimming upside down and on it`s side i just added the snails 2/19 and purigen
that`s the only thing new (their doing a great job on the brown alge)
there is no signs of ick or anything else. the chromis are doing fine i feed about everyother day. ant thoughts what could of gone wrong with it (i though they were hearty

Usually if they are swimming upside down and eratic they have a swim bladder problem. Is he doing anything else that seems odd like breathing rapidly and not eating.

he eat yesterday fine does not seem to be breathing bad but does look like he has poop that`s stuck or just has not come all the way out yet is it bad?
thanks

jjwin98 said:
he eat yesterday fine does not seem to be breathing bad but does look like he has poop that`s stuck or just has not come all the way out yet is it bad?
thanks
What color is it? That sounds like a possible internal problem.

He could be just constipated ...Yes fish get constipated too. I would recommend watching him closely for signs of distress IE breathing and a funny swimming . Keep stress level lowered and H20 pristine , and maybe feed (spareingly) some mysis

jjwin98 said:
clown fish is swimming upside down and on it`s side
This was what got me thinking, being a clown, it's somtimes hard to tell if they are swimming funny.
Sadielynn said:
He could be just constipated ...Yes fish get constipated too.
That's interesting, never thought of that...
What color is his poop, if white, there may be a problem, if normal color, then he might be constipated....

i guess the poop looks kinda white, i will keep an eye on him (still the same after couple hrs) i never looked at fish poop (haha) before so not sure

jjwin98 said:
hi i have a 75 fowlr i have 5 green chromis,1 clown, 10 turbo snails. levels
ph 8.4
ammonia 0
nitrIte 0
nitrAte 20
salt 1.021
the best levels ever for me....

So... what were the worst levels, and did those happen recently?

For example, if your ammonia levels were at 0.5 ppm last week, you might be seeing some stress-related issues coming up now. Which parameters were off?

i`m sorry i meant my nitrAte was at the best at 20 every thing else has been at 0

I would say to set up to do a couple small water changes(10% for the next 3 days) then set up to do weekly 20% there after . That will help you to lower your nitrAtes and also keep the water clean

Back
Top Bottom