Help! Fish fin got stuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PizzaHomies

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Okay so I was shifting some gravel around to fix a plant, and I feel so horrible I did not realise my little catfish was over there and his fin got wedged between the glass and some gravel. He is currently hyperventilating and won't move...I feel like an awful person is there ANYTHING I can do?!? I am freaking out and sobbing so hard I never meant to do this...I am a new owner as well. please help, will he heal? There is a red bump at the base of his fin, but everything seems to be in tact and he CAN move it...is there anything I can do? Thank you so much in advance... **I am also super brand new to this forum so I apologize if I posted this in the wrong type of place**

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220508-200723_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220508-200723_Gallery.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 25
Here is another picture

Attachments

• 20220508_200026.jpg
    20220508_200026.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 20
Okay so I was shifting some gravel around to fix a plant, and I feel so horrible I did not realise my little catfish was over there and his fin got wedged between the glass and some gravel. He is currently hyperventilating and won't move...I feel like an awful person is there ANYTHING I can do?!? I am freaking out and sobbing so hard I never meant to do this...I am a new owner as well. please help, will he heal? There is a red bump at the base of his fin, but everything seems to be in tact and he CAN move it...is there anything I can do? Thank you so much in advance... **I am also super brand new to this forum so I apologize if I posted this in the wrong type of place**
Hello, he doesn't look to be tore up. He may be in shock. Your best bet would be to darken the tank & try to keep any traffic from bothering him. See if he's doing better tomorrow. If not damaged internally it just needs some time to calm down. Hopefully this helps!!!!!

thank you so much I appreciate your reply! I'm so super new to this, so another eye seeing him and saying he's okay makes me feel a lot better thank you <3

thank you so much I appreciate your reply! I'm so super new to this, so another eye seeing him and saying he's okay makes me feel a lot better thank you <3
How is he doing today. If still lethargic it may be internal damage. There is not much you can do about it. If acting a little better he may just be sore. My hope is for the latter.

Back
Top Bottom