Help!! fish got stuck under a plant!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikikayla_

Aquarium Advice Newbie
One of my male guppies in my 20 gallon got stuck under the heavy part of my fake plant and I found him this morning. He was still swimming but he was swimming sideways/ upside-down/ floating/ not very healthy like. I moved him by himself and he was floating at the top and still breathing and moving some but now he's at the bottom breathing and kinda swimming around the bottom. Since I moved him he has been on his side.

I found him maybe 20 minutes ago? when I left him last night he was with his other guppy friends.

What should I do? is he too far gone? :(

Update- he passed :(

I’d leave him if he’s still alive. He may have gotten hurt or is stressed. Keep on eye on him and take him out if he does die. He might make a recovery though. I’d turn the lights off and keep the environment quiet and calm.

Sorry you lost your fish; be sure to check your water parameters, he likely got stuck because he was sick; they often wedge themselves somewhere if they’re having trouble moving around

Back
Top Bottom