Help ID my new plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dharris

Aquarium Advice Regular
img_548526_0_91f891f7bb2194cb9185edcb301fecd0.jpg

img_548526_1_d9136177a3f6144495230fb66ab30b91.jpg

The bottom one looks like Purple waffle--Hemigraphis exotica--not a true aquatic plant. They don't last longer than a month or two. The top one might be moneywort--Bacopa monnieri.

The top plant is definitely in emersed growth form and will likely transition to a somewhat different looking form in your tank. I've never kept it before so I can't say for certain, but I like Apocalypse's ID of B. monnieri.

The second plant could very well be a member of the Hemigraphis genus. I keep Hemigraphis traian in my tank and it has similar morphology, although it is a true aquatic, or at least tolerates submersed conditions. It is too bad if your specimen is not a true aquatic because it appears to be a very pretty plant :)

The first is B. monneri. An easy plant to grow. As for the second I have no clue but judging from the leaf structure and nodes, I'd say it is not an aquatic plant. Maybe a bog type plant but not truly aquatic.

Back
Top Bottom