HELP! Instructions for using Blue Planet Multi-Cure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pisces68

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had 2 swordtails die from what I suspect is Velvet Disease. I've done a 50% water change & added Blue Planet Multi-Cure. It says to repeat treatment every 3 days with a 25% water change. The exact instructions say "A partial water change (25% of capacity) is recommended before commencing treatment and every third day thereafter before retreatment until cure is effected." What I'm unsure of is do I just add more Multi-Cure to the top up water & then add to the tank, or do I treat the entire tank full again & again every 3 days?
I'm only using half strength because I have 6 neon tetras. I've removed the charcoal. It's a 50 litre tank also with 1 fighting fish, 2 swordtails, 2 Corydoras, 1 sucking Catfish, 1 Bristlenose. I added 4 new Swordtails to my main tank on Xmas Eve, one dying a week ago, one dying today, so I'm guessing they had the disease when I bought them, the other two seem fine so far & none of the other fish have any symptoms either but I'm treating the whole tank as a precaution. And how long do I treat for???
I know now to quarantine new fish for a few weeks before adding to my main tank, but I'm new to all this.

According to instructions you retreat every 3 days with water changes in between. I read that as treat the whole volume of the tank after the day 3 water change.

I’ve never used this medication before though

Many chemicals break down in the water over time so that makes sense. Good luck. And do check your water chemistry.

I don’t know what is in that medicine. If it’s an antibiotic or something it may have crashed your cycle.

Back
Top Bottom