Help me put together the perfect luxury home for a Betta.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is before water change today. Aren't nitrates suppose to be up?

Attachments

• image-3436254277.jpg
    image-3436254277.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 63
You should see some nitrates, make sure you did the test correctly. You're using the API test kit? I've messed up mine more than once. It is also possible your plants may be effecting the nitrate level.

My plants kept my nitrates below 10 ppm during my whole cycle :) and make sure you mix the tube a little after #1, and shake the #2 bottle like a madman before doing the drops, and the test tube for like a minute.

Good news: my red tiger lotus that was dorment for almost 15 days is now showing a little sprout.

Bad news: I have a "spider web" forming all over the aquarium as seen on the red tiger lotus below and in front of the driftwood.

Please let me know how to control it. I have no clue on how to act.

Attachments

• image-1341205611.jpg
    image-1341205611.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 53
  • image-2087057716.jpg
    image-2087057716.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 58
My plants kept my nitrates below 10 ppm during my whole cycle :) and make sure you mix the tube a little after #1, and shake the #2 bottle like a madman before doing the drops, and the test tube for like a minute.

This is the picture from today. For the first time I mixed the tube a little after #1, but every thing else I did like always (including vigorous shake of #2).

Should I go for a water change? Did my cycle stall, or are we done?

Attachments

• image-3622558630.jpg
    image-3622558630.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 49
This is the picture from today. For the first time I mixed the tube a little after #1, but every thing else I did like always (including vigorous shake of #2).

Should I go for a water change? Did my cycle stall, or are we done?

What are your ammonia levels?

Slightly higher than zero, but pretty close to it.

I would keep a close eye on it for another day or two, see if anything spikes. IMO an immediate pwc isn't too big a deal since your plants are keeping your nitrates down......so I would leave it as is then do wc if something spikes, otherwise find a good day and just do a weekly water change/ level test :)

So, it seems that the bb is now present in decent quantities and the tank is now cycled. That brings happiness...to my heart.

So, it seems that the bb is now present in decent quantities and the tank is now cycled. That brings happiness...to my heart.

Well done its great when you get cycled congrats,its a lovely tank.with a lovely Betta,they are such charming fish,love my Merlin :) he has settled in my 10 gall great !!!!

Back
Top Bottom