Help me with my mystery snail eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BunnyMan595

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Iv had my eggs for a little over 2 weeks i dont know if they are healthy or not, please help me out! Are they on the right track to harching?

Pictures would help. If they were laid in a clump above the water surface and are not white or fuzzy they are probably just about ready to hatch, but Tmaier is the snail expert here from what I've seen

Earthmother is spot on. Let them be for at least 4 weeks. They can get a bit dark grey and slimy looking before they hatch. If they don’t hatch in 4 weeks they are definitely not fertile.

Here is a photo of the snail eggs, hope this helps

Attachments

• 1CE2F727-63F4-4B1E-A361-5F2663B019CD.jpg
    1CE2F727-63F4-4B1E-A361-5F2663B019CD.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 74
I have a tupperware container with water as a base, holes in the lid with the eggs on top, and a second container over that as a dome, with air holes half way up the dome and the wet papertowl u can see in the pic. And the setup is on top my tanks light for small heat to creat condensation/humidity

Just make sure the eggs do stay moist-not wet. I've always left mine on the side of the tank where they were laid and just made sure to mist them when they looked dry so I can't add much more about your setup. The only thing I can think to add is you may have to assist them once they start hatching - for me this is simple as most just hatch and drop into the tank but if there seems to be a large number of unhatched eggs remaining after a few hours I will GENTLY crumble.the remaining egg cases against the tank side. I may lose a few but most just drop down to join their siblings

Awesome ! Thanks so much! And i would leave them go but i found them on the inside of my filter lid, somehow the little bugger got in there layed them then got back in my tank, and plus my fish would gobble the babies right up. I intend to get a floating “hatchery” for them to grow in once they hatch. Again thats a bunch!!!

Back
Top Bottom