Help needed please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FayeS

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, i'm new to fish tanks and i have got a tropical setup. I have bought some guppies and she has given birth to 30 odd fry, but sadly i only have 3 left... I have now put these in a breeders box that floats on the water are they ok to keep in this?

hi,

I'm a newbie to guppies, however i did a little google search an it should be fine, get some plants for them to hide in to, ask your local pet/fish store for the right stuff. also from what I read, you should get some fry food.

Hi all, i'm new to fish tanks and i have got a tropical setup. I have bought some guppies and she has given birth to 30 odd fry, but sadly i only have 3 left... I have now put these in a breeders box that floats on the water are they ok to keep in this?
Hi FayeS, they will be fine in the box. I also have one of those breeder box and i secure it to the side of the tank with some algae magnets. They don't need any plants in the box but would be a good idea for the tank, if you don't have any already, real or fake will do.. As newguppygirls said, you need fry food, Hikari's First Bites is an excellent fry food. You can crush your own regular flakes/crisps to a powder, i used to, but i find this food much better. You need to feed them 4 times a day for the first 4-8wks. They should be big enough then to accepted 'regular' food. You still might need to crush it slighty...
I am currently raising 50 guppy fry to trade for credit at my lfs.

Attachments

• DSCF7351~1.jpg
    DSCF7351~1.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCF7352~1.jpg
    DSCF7352~1.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF7353~1.jpg
    DSCF7353~1.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 52
Sorry FayeS and Newguppygirls, Welcome to AA, hope you enjoy. Should've added that earlier, very rude of me!!!!
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Thanks all for the advice also quick question.... What temp should my water be at in the tank?

Thats great thank you mine is at 26 so thats cool got 4 pregnant female guppies in my tank at the moment :) got 4 fry in breeding tank

Back
Top Bottom