Help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
eco23 said:
I'm not sure about that one. A white film on the surface of the water is normally a bio-film from not having sufficient surface agitation, sliminess on the walls, rocks, deco, etc...is normal bio-film in that's in every tank, but a cobweb looking thing with white crystals is a mystery to me.

There are some sorts of algae which kinda sound like that...but in a new tank that shouldn't be a possibility. I'd have to assume it's from whatever weird glass thingy she said is in there, or some sort of debris from the gravel.

You can link her this if you want-
http://aquariumalgae.blogspot.com/
But I don't think it's any form of algae unless she's got some serious lighting that's been on 24/7.

I asked eco23 for his opinion

eco23 said:
I forgot to mention that if it is from not washing the gravel, she should do some big pwc's and vacuum the gravel really good. You should also suggest she takes the glass thing out (maybe find out what it is first), do some water changes and see if it comes back.

Did you check out the link? I was originally thinking along the same lines as eco23 I didn't think about algae though.

I'm not certain how it works, but I believe when you're new member a moderator has to approve your picture before it can be posted on the site. It's to prevent things like spam or inappropriate content.

Yah I don't know... Perhaps I will try that I just want to see if I can get the pictures

I am really thinking you best bet is to take out the glass thing, clean everything and start fresh. If you have a smart phone download the aquarium advice app its soooo easy to upload pics to.

Lol I love the app, I have no idea what that is so I'm gonna go with my gut and tell you dump the water and with a very very mild water/bleach solution (no soap or anything like it just water and bleach) clean everything and leave the glass thing out. What is the glass thing anyway?

Back
Top Bottom