Help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok i will go do that keep posting if you have any ideas but I should do it now I think. I will get on later

Yeah, that opens the door to all the things like mold, fungus, etc... A thorough cleaning and restart is in order.

I was under the impression it'd only been set up for a few days.

In general...stagnant water in your bedroom = not a good idea

I through away all the rocks. And cleaned the tank I'm not putting the filter in yet. I didn't see anything on the filter only the bag. I'm buying more tomorrow.

Yeah filter will probably be good with just a good cleaning the bag I would toss and start with a fresh one.

theres a part of the filter that i dont know if its one-time-use-only or reuseable but its moldy. if it is reuseable and i cant by another one is there something i can do to kill the mold but not the future fishys:fish2:

hey thanks everyone for your help no i have a whole new question, very simple though. um there was this stuff that im suppoesd to put in the aquarium. it said to put in 1ml for 20 gallons to do something to clorine and something else to hard water. then it said to put in 1ml for every 5 gallons to do something to clorates or something like that...how much do i put in?

hey thanks everyone for your help no i have a whole new question, very simple though. um there was this stuff that im suppoesd to put in the aquarium. it said to put in 1ml for 20 gallons to do something to clorine and something else to hard water. then it said to put in 1ml for every 5 gallons to do something to clorates or something like that...how much do i put in?

What brand is it?

Would need to know the name on the bottle of stuff, and can you get a pic of the piece of the filter you're talking about? :)

Sorry I wasn't able to get online. Was your filter inside of that plastic piece? If so just clean it with bleach water it will be fine. :)

No the bag from the pervious page was over it. When I get a new bag I have to put this in side it.

I had the same issue when I set up my newest tank and my filter was delayed in the mail. MOLD was my best guess. Because mine was planted, I just turned the flow up high (Eheim Ecco 2232 w Lily Pipes ) once I got my filter. It took a week or two and some water changes, but all better now.

While you're at it OP, you could change gravel color. Darker gravel will encourage fish to color up AND you will see the fish instead of the gravel.

Nothing personal , but we call that color clown puke. :)

This was my Moldy tank

View attachment 52030

View attachment 52031

And same tank now. Fish all fine, cycle going well.

View attachment 52032

I think she already cleaned everything, Queenie I am not sure if that's a replaceable part or not I would go ahead and clean it.

NoFishingAllowed said:
I have clown puke rocks too, lol

Many planted tank people started out w Clown Puke gravel. :) it's all personal preference. To me, my eye gets blinded by the gravel and it's harder to see the fish, plus they may pale out over bright/light substrates.

But if YOU like it, knock yourself out !! It's your tank :)

...for what :). I haven't bleached it yet if that's what ur asking

Back
Top Bottom