Help required identifing cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davep

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone, I was given 2 corys by a friend and now need help identifying the species so that i can add to the group i think they are either Corydoras haraldschultzi or Sterba's corydoras

image-1126084143.jpg

I would guess sterbais partly because they are more common around me. Are their pectorals turning Orange ? I love when sterbais color up :)

Just took a closer look pectoral fins are bright orange, i only have 2 in the tank so was look to confirm the breed so i can get a few more to add to the tank

Sterbai cories are cool. Neat fact about them, when stressed these fish will release a soap like toxin

Wow that is crazy, thanks guys for highlighting this to me as i said above i am looking to add some more cory's to my tank.

Only new to using this site but already paying off by the info i am getting.

Thanks again

+1 on the Sterba's. Just got some Saturday and they looked just like yours. Already had their color in by Sunday morning.

Well after a month of searching i finally found a store that could order me some more of these little guys. I now have 5 and all seem to have settled in fine. From reading the forum i though these were quite common but the only place i knew that stocked them was a 80 mile round trip with 4 tolls in between and the way petrol prices are in Ireland it was not an option. all is well though, finally got them

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom