Help with Bioload..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tjara03

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just want to get everyones opinions on this stocking idea...
is this too much for a 50 Gal???

2 Clarkii Clowns
Dwarf Hawkfish
3 Blue/Green Chromis
Coral Beauty or Flame Angel
and numerous snails and hermits
horseshoe crab

let me know what you think...

Thanks Guys!!!!

I think you're fine with regular water changes although you're pretty max'd out. I have almost the same load in my 55 gal with a 5 gal fuge.

I think you should be ok.

Clark's might get a bit big...

I'd lose the hawkfish (which species is this? not familiar with a 'dawrf hawkfish')

A definite NO on the horseshoe crab. They get up to 2' long.

Too much, also will there be corals in this tank? If so the angel will have to go.

I'd lose the hawkfish (which species is this? not familiar with a 'dawrf hawkfish')

You can find it by Googling "Dwarf Hawkfish."

Like they said the HS crab is not a good idea. If you went with some smaller clowns I don't think your too bad. I would wait on most of the fish until you got the extra LR and sump set up. do you have a skimmer? Fuge??

i have a coralife skimmer and am runing a penguin 175 BIO HOB and have about 30-35lbs of LR right now and am in the process making a sump/fuge out of a 10 gal tank i have sitting around...

I would add more LR before adding too many more fish. Fish need a hiding place to call home and if you have more fish the hiding places you will have fighting over territory.

I should correct myself - loose the crab. With that, I think you're good except, as said earlier, you're at the edge and maybe the attention to maintainance might not be worth it.

Maybe you could adjust your choice on the clarkie :?: :) . Hawkfish are cool but keep in mind, they're not easy. That combined with he bioload leads to constant attention.

Yes, loose the crab, dog. 8)

well i have had the clarkiis for about 7 months and they have done fine and i like them alot.. they have dug holes all over my tank and i find them sleeping in them in the mornings... thanks guys!!

Back
Top Bottom