help with Feather Duster please...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lanzeye

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Found my Feather Duster on the tank floor this morning and put him back in his tube. Why would this happen? Did he fall out looking for food? can i feed him or help him some way? I hope he didn't die?! Thank you!

he was the worm and the feather. now he's trying to fall out of his tube again it looks like!

Sad to say, that's what usually happens when they're about to die. I've seen them blow their crown and grow another. But when they come out of the tube, something is wrong. They can crawl out and relocate to build another tube if they don't like their location, but when you see them out in the tank on the sand bed, it hardly ever ends up good.

How old is the tank and what are the water readings? Was he in a high flow area?

What happened to his crown? I agree with Ray that things are not looking good. Usually they will regrow their crown and be OK but if it does not grow back then their is a problem. What are your water test results?

Back
Top Bottom