Help With Finding a Fish For 1 Gallon Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The all black molly is by far my favorite aside from my first fish which is the betta :) The black molly is just so neat looking!

My room mates 30 gallon I was thinking about giving the black molly too.
Think it should be big enough?

Attachments

• image-3131743439.jpg
    image-3131743439.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 74
So my red wag platty got stuck in a castle decor, helped him get out sum his one of his fins got injured. Now he's just laying on the bottom of the tank, only swimming to the top to eat. Any suggestions?

Update: the platty died. His sides was cut up looking and his tail fin was injured. :( I dont know how or why he was trying to squeeze in that little hole in the first place. Ugh.

Update: the platty died. His sides was cut up looking and his tail fin was injured. :( I dont know how or why he was trying to squeeze in that little hole in the first place. Ugh.

One of my boyfriend's platy's likes to wiggle into weird little spots. Maybe it's common.

I would make sure that decoration isnt sharp before I continued using it.

Well I check the decor, not sharp, I guess the fish just was a little slow & got stuck in literally the smallest part of the decor. I bought a new red wag patty yesterday, but a little bigger than the last one haha.

The all black molly is by far my favorite aside from my first fish which is the betta :) The black molly is just so neat looking!
I have a 55g community tank. A large school of 10 tiger barbs (tiger, albino and green) 2 Dalmatian mollies, they are both females so they don't get as big as the males. I also have 3 plattys 2m 1f to even out bullying. with a pair of bolivian rams. Of course the rams are my overall fav. But I love how BOLD mollies are, they love to swim aroud and nibble my hands anytime they break the waters surface.

I have a 55g community tank. A large school of 10 tiger barbs (tiger, albino and green) 2 Dalmatian mollies, they are both females so they don't get as big as the males. I also have 3 plattys 2m 1f to even out bullying. with a pair of bolivian rams. Of course the rams are my overall fav. But I love how BOLD mollies are, they love to swim aroud and nibble my hands anytime they break the waters surface.

I love the mollies as well but me only having a 10 gallon at the moment really isn't fitting for them. I gave my 2 mollies to my room mate who has a 30 gallon.

I have found a 225 gallon tank on a Craigslist listing for a steal of a deal, FREE! But the only problem is, i have no stand for this massive tank, plus it has a leak in at least one corner of the tank, so as I started to fill it up, it was also leaking all over my carpet. :/

Any suggestions on fixing this leak? Also, any recommendations on a stand or should I try having a custom built one made?

I know this isn't nearly big enough for koi fish, but it is something to hold me over until I move back into a house in the Summer. I am currently having help digging a pond & will decorating afterwards. Will be posting pics soon!

Very excited! :D

I have found a 225 gallon tank on a Craigslist listing for a steal of a deal, FREE! But the only problem is, i have no stand for this massive tank, plus it has a leak in at least one corner of the tank, so as I started to fill it up, it was also leaking all over my carpet. :/

Any suggestions on fixing this leak? Also, any recommendations on a stand or should I try having a custom built one made?

I know this isn't nearly big enough for koi fish, but it is something to hold me over until I move back into a house in the Summer. I am currently having help digging a pond & will decorating afterwards. Will be posting pics soon!

Very excited! :D

If you are handy with tools or know someone that is then a home made stand would be a good option, either that or you could look for a carpenter on craigs list. Most stands have to be custom made for tanks larger than say 125g as they get insanely expensive to both make and ship.

The leak in the tank is the big issue though. If it's acrylic I can't really help you on that as I have no idea how it works. However if it's glass I would start with resealing the entire tank which is actually a pretty simple process.

Back
Top Bottom