Help with plant ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not in there. I took it out on Wednesday queen I did the water change. Whatever picture you're looking at must be prior to the water change.

On the co2 checker how often do you have to refill the liquid?

Okay ready?

I really don't like to see all these ladders and air tubes going into the aquarium. Pumps, bubblers, and heaters already look bad enough. I'm going to stick to the metricide alternative for as long as it lasts but after it's done I really want a very low maintenance co2 system. I know ill still have to deal with dosing nutrients for the plants but I think I will enjoy that as much as I enjoy feeding the fish. I basically want to scratch almost all I've done with this diy co2 stuff. I just want a less maintenance bright planted tank!

So can anyone recommend a decent co2 kit for my tank? I can't seem to find anything good for a 30 gallon.. All I se are $300 dollar kits or $80 dollar kits but those arm to have very small cylinders and I'm not even sure they're refillable. I also want to keep all four t5 ho lights on for 8 or at least 6 hours a day on with no net if possible. I really like the way they brighten up my tank. I did buy the macro and micro nutrients along with the three mixing and dosing bottles so I'm prepared to feed my plants as much as necessary.. If it won't get too expensive. Is this possible ? Or do I still have too much light? I just don't want to keep supplementing the tank with liquid co2..

What do you guys think?

4xT5HO will need CO2, and good CO2 at that.

Regarding your CO2 situation, what's your budget? A 5# tank with a regulator will work for basically any size tank 2.5 to 200g, and should cost ~$150 in all. That's by far the most utilitarian option.

That being said, 30g is about the maximum that I would recommend DIY CO2 in for good, consistent results, but it should be very possible. Have you considered making reactors from 2L soda bottles, or is that not something you want to mess with at all?

I really want it to be almost no maintenance.. I have learned the basics of diy and I just don't want to deal with it. $150 will be fine after the holidays.. I have metricide 14 day solution coming in the mail so that should hold me up till then. Is there anything else I'll need to get with that kit? I have the co2 checker coming in the mail as well to keep an eye on co2 levels

I really want it to be almost no maintenance.. I have learned the basics of diy and I just don't want to deal with it. $150 will be fine after the holidays.. I have metricide 14 day solution coming in the mail so that should hold me up till then. Is there anything else I'll need to get with that kit? I have the co2 checker coming in the mail as well to keep an eye on co2 levels

A power timer and some sort of diffuser. The aquatek and Milwaukee kits should come with a solenoid and bubble counter.

Also check Craigslist for a co2 tank I just got a 25 pound one today for $50.

You can sometimes pick up regulators on CL for a steal too. I saw a Milwaukee going for $50 with a pH probe a while back.

Darn this aquarium!! Lol I love it but it is consuming my wallet !

Haha so I went I bought this regulator..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009WTXYN0/ref=ya_aw_oh_pit

Along with this diffuser

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0058XWDFO/ref=ya_aw_oh_pit

The regulator comes with a solenoid, which I'll be finding out exactly what it is when I get it, and a bubble counter.. Aside from the co2 tank and the airline tubing, is there anything else I'll be needing? I'd hate to get it in the mail and have to wait another couple days to set it up because I forgot to order a certain piece. I get my ferts today along with metricide which will now be used for the other two tanks since I'll be setting the pressurized co2 in my main tank.

This is way too exciting lol I'm looking forward to having a complete tank set up than I am for Christmas lol

The one thing I don't like about that regulator is that it's bubble counter is plastic and separate from the regulator. You could get one of these if you wanted to, but the setup you have will work fine as it is. It would just be a quality of life thing.

I'm using the plastic bubble counter that came with the Aquatek reg. It actually works pretty well. On my plant propagation tanks, I bought a 6 way splitter, and I'm using brass bubble counters.

I'm using the plastic bubble counter that came with the Aquatek reg. It actually works pretty well. On my plant propagation tanks, I bought a 6 way splitter, and I'm using brass bubble counters.

I'm using the plastic bubble counters as well and they do the job just fine IMO.

Usually roots do that when they are looking for more nutrients. Just cover them up and add a root tab or two.

I'm spending too much money on this tank. I should've just went with a saltwater reef the way I'm working on this lol but, that will be my next project sometime in the future!

Anyway I went and bought a fluval canister filter and so far I love it! The fact that I took the water pump and both hobs out of the tank makes it look much much better! I now want to get rid of the glass reactor as well and I'll be looking into installing a Rex Griggs reactor that I read a bit about. I also want to figure out if I can somehow install the under water heater in the same manner that the co2 will be injected the through the pipes. Do any of you have any advice or experience with the reactor?

Is there a way to install the heater in a pipe already? Or am I venturing into new territory here? I haven't found any information on it but then I haven't really done a good search on it either. My Idea is to put the heater in a pipe and connect the pipe to the return hose of the fluval.. The pipe would be sealed tight to prevent leaking and the knob on the heater would have to be left on the outside. I don't know how I can do this but I'm sure if I put enough wffort into it I can achieve it. I also understand that the co2 reactor would have to be on that same return hose so I'll have some work to do.

What do you guys think?

I'll have to wait a couple weeks to begin the project since I don't want to be left homeless for not paying rent lol and I like my utilities on haha..

Once again I thank you all for your time and help. I hope you all enjoy these festive days surrounded by your loved ones.

You can use an inline heater. Its the same principal your talking about, but already sealed. You just install it in your return line of the canister filter.

Back
Top Bottom