Hi I want to ask the experts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

labn

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, I started my aquarium about a year ago, I recently added some new friends and planning to add some more but before I do I want too seek advice from you guys. I have a 20 gallons with two different filters one is an in-tank filter I dont know how many gph the other one is a marineland with a bio wheel it does 200 gph, it has an air pump, a 15w heater and I put two thermometers one at each side. Now I have 7 neon tetras, 5 lemon tetras, 4 kuhli loachs, 1 female betta and 7 ghost shrimps. What I'd like to know is if its overstock?, would it be ok to add 10 red cherry shrimp and 10 ramshorn snails?

labn said:
Hi, I started my aquarium about a year ago, I recently added some new friends and planning to add some more but before I do I want too seek advice from you guys. I have a 20 gallons with two different filters one is an in-tank filter I dont know how many gph the other one is a marineland with a bio wheel it does 200 gph, it has an air pump, a 15w heater and I put two thermometers one at each side. Now I have 7 neon tetras, 5 lemon tetras, 4 kuhli loachs, 1 female betta and 7 ghost shrimps. What I'd like to know is if its overstock?, would it be ok to add 10 red cherry shrimp and 10 ramshorn snails?

Yeah, I'd say no more fish. Youre pretty much stocked IMO, and maybe a big over. No shrimp with bettas either, they'll eat the shrimp.

You could do a few snails, but not 10 IMO.

I'd wait for other opinions too, because there's other members who know a lot more about stocking than me

Back
Top Bottom