Hi I'm Brian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish Whisperer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I really like this site!

It's been about six years since I maintained a tank and I've caught the bug again. Now that I have a little money and a great resource like the internet I am looking forward to jumping in again!

In the past I have had a 20T and a 30L both with semi-aggressive fish. Now I'm looking toward a larger(55g-75g), planted tank maybe with the same types. I would also like to get into Discus I think.

I hope I have something to offer here!

Fish Whisperer....

Welcome to Aquarium Advice!! So you 'whisper' to your fish, eh?? I usually find that I have to YELL at mine!!! :lol:

Welcome to AA, and I am sure you will have much to offer. It is a friendly, informative site with a very broad member base of experience, so there will be no shortage of info!

Yep, from one Brian to another I'll add my welcome as well. It is a great bunch here and I'm sure we are all looking forward to your contributions. :)

lmkbubblfsh.gif

to AquariumAdvice.com!!!!

Menagerie said:
Welcome! What semi-aggrssive fish did you keep in the past?

My favs were:
Colombian Catfish
Clown Knife
African Butterfly
Ghost Knife
Pictus Cat
African Snakehead
Arowana

Come to think of it, most of them weren't aggressive as much as they were "hungry"!

I didn't have most of those fish long enough to see how big they would have gotten. At the time I didn't know!

Come to think of it, most of them weren't aggressive as much as they were "hungry"!
[center:aa31d1280c]:eek2: That's quite the fish collection![/center:aa31d1280c]
I didn't have most of those fish long enough to see how big they would have gotten. At the time I didn't know!
I think you'll find many of us hear trying very hard to learn about the fish we already have--I blame impulse buys! Personally, I have a Jack Dempsey in my not-so-well designed cichlid tank. Jack has GOT to go!
I would also like to get into Discus I think.
Wow, you are in luck--have you been reading the two or three threads on Discus? If not, search for them (I believe they are all in the freshwater general discussion) and you will get plenty of info (some conflicting, some way off topic--my fault :oops: ) but there are at least three links to outside articles.

Back
Top Bottom