Hi new here! Pregnant or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frans Henstra

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi guys im new here so maybe a short intro would be nice :)

I'm Frans from Holland 21 years old and i love fish tanks

because of the high costs of my study i was going to sell my tank but i really couldn't :( so i kept it but there aren't much fish left so one day on a morning i saw some strange little things swimming and when i got a closer look i was shocked little gups this never happend to me :)

so when i looked for more i found about 5 -10 little fish all still alive but really small and one bigger one like a generation earlier :ROFLMAO:

so my question to you guys. Are these only left 2 full grown gups pregnant or not and i'f so should i keep them in the breeder already

i looked on alot of forums and asked alot of people in real life but i'm just not sure of how to see it. So i hope you guys can help me

im gonna post some pictures in this post of the 2 fish and ofcourse to give a immpresion of my tank a picture of that to :D

any questions or more pictures are no problem just ask i'l keep track of this forum every day a few times

thanks in advance
Frans

info about tank:

juwel rio 180 fishtank
2 lights for color and plants

stuff in tank:

boat in 2 pieces

lava rocks i thougt they where called

and a big tree trunk with plants groing on it on the left (treetrunk from googletranselate not sure its called that way:ROFLMAO:)

about the green plants on the left i all made them myself bij cutting pieces of others and letting it grow again somewhere else i only bought 1 of those :ROFLMAO:

temperature 24c

Attachments

• Fish 2.jpg
    Fish 2.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Fish 1.jpg
    Fish 1.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Fish 1 Photo 2.jpg
    Fish 1 Photo 2.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 32
  • Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 38
She looks pregnant to me, not far off I say. You can keep them in there for a couple of days and if nothing take them out till they pop. They dont look boxy yet but then again mine never do. I'm not an expert but this is a hobby and new to it to. A few of my females have popped and caught the fry in time but a few others are just confusing me lol

Year i know About the confusion XD but il keep them in for a few days

Anymore People with ideas

Welcome to the forum! I used to have guppies and id let the mother have them and then (it was hard) but I'd catch the babies and put them in the breeder box on the side. Up to you! But if you get enough babies, eventually you could sell them to your local fish store if they'd take them and make a little bit a cash. Also up to you! When you have babies you just have to pay close attention to your water parameters, besides that I don't have anymore advice! Good luck!

Us as SKB said If you manage to get fry and put them into another tank or in with the others but in a breeding box you'll have to keep and eye on their water. I have to do water changes every few days to keep the ammonia levels down and the Ph right. Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom