For Sale: High quality bettas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you have another pair you could try? My male wouldn't breed with one girl, so I bought him another and he built a huge bubble nest in one day and they bred the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Suffering a shortage of high quality females in the new england area. But I reached out a guy that bought some of mines, we will see.

female bettas

you might try contacting basement bettas nt on facebook she breeds show bettas and sometimes let extra ones go for shipping or sells on aqua bids

The water is dark enough, just like I managed to make them breed successfully in Florida.

So far, very small, unsuccessful bubble nests. :(

Are you trying to breed your FL fish up North or are you getting new fish up there? If you are using the fish from FL, you may need to duplicate FL water parameters to get them to go again. ( I had the reverse when I moved my fish from NJ to FL but once I went back to the NJ parameters, the fish spawned.) If you are getting fish up there, I find water temps to be very important with Bettas. You may need to up the temp a degree or 2 or drop it a degree or 2 to get them stimulated for spawning. ( My sweet spot here was 78-82 degrees.) It could also be a barametric pressure thing up there as well.
There is another possibility, they might just not like the snow up there. :brows::lol: :D

Just some possibilities for you. (y)

I'm not sure if they call it mustard gas or just black/gray with pale fins. I just happen to love the look of the fish. Are they for sale or are there ones that will look like it available.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be interested in buying a black halfmoon from you if you have one in your stock. I will pay shipping and such. Contact me :)

For some unkown reason, my success rates here in MA are completely off from what I had in FL. I am inclined to say it has something to do with air temperature below 60s. I tried wrapping the top but that creates moist that drips back to the tank desteoying bubble nests.

For now, I will stop my attempts and come back later (May/June).

Sorry for any possible inconvenience. ?

Back
Top Bottom