His and Hers Tanks??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

okpondlady

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My husband hates goldfish and snails and would have saltwater and tropicals, regardless. We now have his and hers tanks. Hands off mine and I will hands off yours. :) I think this will keep us both happy. We will see. :roll:

Karen

haha i only wish my gf was into aquariums so we could mess around with each other's tanks :p

We have the same thing. I have a 10, 5, and 55 gal and he has a 150 and a 29. I tend to mess too much with his 150 so he bought me a 55 gal setup for our anniversary. :D I still tend to meddle in his tank.

I actually was able to create the same situation. When I got my 75 gal, my wife "took" over my original 30 gal. By took over, I mean...she decides on everything that goes in/out of it...I continue to maintain it.

Fishyfanatic said:
I still tend to meddle in his tank.

Keep right on meddling FF...:)

haha...all of your comments sound great, if i ever get married i hope my wife is interested in aquariums (well i'll probably make her) :D

Too bad you cant get her into maintance JC! :p
I dont think I will be converting my gf to wanting to do anything with the fish.. she might not like the look of a striped down discus tank though. :roll: 8O

I've been tempted in the past to buy my husband a tank for his birthday. But I am restraining this selfish gifting desire until he expresses genuine interest to have his own tank. Occasionally he will see a cool eel at the lfs and comment on it. But we never get further than that. He will probably want his own tank right around the same time that I decide to join him in a triathlon........which will be when pigs fly and hell freezes over :lol:

Since I have been into ponding since 1998 and he was into sw aquaria for several years before we met, it was just a natural thing after we got married last May. :) Hope you all have as much fun as I am having, now if I could just get that pesky ammonia reading down. :(

And if he would quit looking at me with that "I told you snails and gf were nasty" look... hahahahaha

Karen

Ohhh I hate I told you so looks.
:roll: but goldfish are big messy fish that quickly turn into tank maintenance nightmares. :lol:

My goldfish had a nasty habit of eating a lot and spitting half of it back out into the holes in the gravel. Prolly did it just to spite me.

My girlfriend and I have "his and her" tanks. She is on her way to being a Marine Biologist and I have always wanted a fish tank. Since she loves anything that is underwater I bought her a 55 gallon for her birthday. She absolutely loved it! Now I have picked up another 55 gallon for me.

We are both hooked!

My husband takes a mild interest in my tanks. I am not sure that he would want one of his own though.

Back
Top Bottom