Hisc1ay's nano project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hisc1ay

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey folks. I decided to make this thread not so much to show off, but as a way to get feedback on what I could do better, or maybe just affirmations that I'm doing ok. :)

I set up my first reef last night. I'm doing a 10 gallon nano because of space limitations. I realize it's more work, but I'm prepared to handle it.

Right now my setup is thus:
-10 gallon tank
-4.5 lbs live rock (I wanted to get *something* from my lfs. The other 10 lbs of rock is coming from LR.com)
-20 lbs argonite sand
-2X48W (I think) daylight/actinic PC w/ lunar light
-Until I get my good heater and skimmer next week, I have a the Whisper heater and filter I had been using when the tank was fresh.

There are pictures of the setup in my gallery.

My biggest fear right now is that the weight will collapse the countertop it's on. I don't know if I have reason to fear that...it had been set up for over 12 hours by the time I left for work today and nary a creek was heard. I did find the heater almost submerged, and I freaked out about that. I swore I woke up to a crackling sound, but I found no evidence supporting that. There's no lid on my tank, so I freak out about the lights getting fried. I think my fears are irrational, but I can't shake 'em. :)

This is my first venture into saltwater, so please bear with me. Support and advice are appreciated. :)

-j

The counter probably wont fall. Seeing that mine is on a audio rack in my theater room and it is the 20 high thats in this forum :lol:

My apartment was still here when I got home. Not only that, but the tank lights were still on, so my room looked like a rave from the street. :) That mess is *bright*!

-j

Back
Top Bottom