Hmmm, 20L or 37g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nothing

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a 30" stand and am getting a tank for it on Friday. I want to put a pair of rams in the tank, 5 Otos and 7 neon tetras. Would that be too overstocked for a 20g long? If I went with the 37g I may want to add a school of Cory's or other tetras to the list. Maybe an angelfish if they would get along well with the rams? What are your thoughts, I need some help decision making.

I would definitely get the 37 gallon bigger is always better! I wouldn't put angels with ottos or neons they will eat them. I would do a school of
6- silver hatchet fish
7- neon tetras
6-8 of a smaller tetra or barb maybe cherry barbs, rummy nose tetras, or lemon tetras
2-Rams
5- ottos
8- panda, albino, or juli Cory's.

Okay that's fine by me I'm not the biggest angel fan anyway. Wouldn't that be a bit overstocked? Mind you, I guess I'm gonna be over filtrating so it should be alright.

It might be a little overstocked. You could always drop one group of tetras or drop the Cory's or the hatchetfish whatever you want to do.

I would drop a tetra school and keep the hatchets, Cory's and 1 tetra group just because then all of your water levels have movement.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, movement everywhere is better. So I may do that. Thanks for the help! If I drop a tetra school I've probably got some room for a couple more neons too, a nice big school of em always looks sick. Like 9 or 10.

And do hatchets move around much or do they more so just sit there at the top?

You could easily do 10 neons if you drop a tetra school. The hatchets really don't move they sit on the top all the time. They do look pretty awesome though buzzing the surface.

Back
Top Bottom