Hole in the head!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

machoburrito

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone I have a huge problem my tiger Oscar has hole in the head and I don't know what else to do and how long he has to live! can you guys help me out to get rid of HITH or find out when it's to late to even bother with it. So far it's pretty bad let me know if you guys Need pictures! Thank you guys

There's alot of information on HITH. First what are your water parameters? What size tank is he in? What diet is he currently on? What is your water change schedule?

This can be treated with proper diet( no feeders which is a whole other topic) , pristine water conditions with nitrates below 10ppm and if need be you could soak his food in Metro+ by Hikari or Jungles Hole in the Head guard. The last would be a last ditch effort. With proper diet and water conditions he will survive but may have some scarring from the disease.

I rescued a adult pair with HITH and within a few 4-6 weeks there was only one scar as a result of water changes and diet.

I feed only New Life Spectrum jumbo and Hikari Bio Gold and Excel. With the occasional nightcrawlers, blood worms, frozen shrimp,orange slices, peas and beefheart.

With this treatment he'll make a full recovery and live a long 10-15 years.

Good luck.

Well the water changes are once a week and water ph level is 7.4 and ammonia is alittle high but I have been feeding him that bio gold stuff and the one that makes him grow quicker but he doesn't really eat the stuff though but he loves bloodworms and beefhearts and he is in a 80 gallon tank

Ammonia indicates the tank is not cycled or the bioload is to heavy for the filtration. Did you cycle the tank? If not I'll post a link below. You need to get water parameter straight before anything else. You should invest in a water test kit if you don't have one already. Once your water parameters are within range stick with a good diet and he will be fine.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...-but-i-already-have-fish-what-now-116287.html

Back
Top Bottom