Honest opinion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
As MOST of you know I'm never happy when it comes to my tank. I like the aqua scape finally but the light is bothering me. Not sure what it is. I liked it then I hated it. Liked it again then I dunno.

Do you think is gives a natural light effect? I want natural, no blues,purples red etc like I use to have. There is another LED fixture I think from aquatic life that was looking at.

Your opinions...

Leave it?

Change it?

The lights that is.

image-651125784.jpg

image-4007144597.jpg

image-966138080.jpg

image-3363227824.jpg

I really think your tank is beautifully done! I love how when you look at it you can almost hear the trickling of water. The light looks awesome the way it cuts through the water almost in layers as if its the actual sun shining through. Plus the night light show you had up on YouTube was sooo cool! I look at your tank (as I'm sure others do in here) and WANT what you have!!

Honestly everyone I gotta say this makes me feel so better. I'm sure you all can understand. You feel like you've hit a wall and you wanna improve on something. Maybe your right. Just leave it and save the money. Thanks for the compliments.

And thanks for kind words about that moonlight YouTube video. I wasn't sure about and hate to talk on the videos lol.

In my opinion, you should start all over again with all that new stock you recently purchased......
....and send that bad boy on the next plane to Ireland!!!. It's a beauty and you know i WANT it. Seriously mate, you have a mild case of O.C.D. It's perfect, leave it and enjoy the beauty. IMO, all us newbies, should be aiming to have something as cool as that. I know i do and will have.....someday!!!!

....and send that bad boy on the next plane to Ireland!!!. It's a beauty and you know i WANT it. Seriously mate, you have a mild case of O.C.D. It's perfect, leave it and enjoy the beauty. IMO, all us newbies, should be aiming to have something as cool as that. I know i do and will have.....someday!!!!

Thanks for the kind words bro!! Makes me feel much much better. I'm glad my tank can inspire others.

Thanks for the kind words bro!! Makes me feel much much better. I'm glad my tank can inspire others.
Your welcome mate. I always enjoy your pictures!!. If that doesn't inspire others, they shouldn't have aquariums...haha. I didn't know you had a vid on youtube. Checking that out now....
PS...Also get your finger out and enter it into next months TOTM. With respect to others, imo, it'll win hands down(y)(y)

Ok.....you may be worse than me when it comes to never being satisfied. Only difference is you obsess over the aquascape and I obsess over fish. I hardly ever rearrange tanks but I constantly add more of them to be able to get all the fish I want. Your tank looks down right gorgeous and you can not change a thing and still have one of the best looking setups on this forum!!!!

Ok.....you may be worse than me when it comes to never being satisfied. Only difference is you obsess over the aquascape and I obsess over fish. I hardly ever rearrange tanks but I constantly add more of them to be able to get all the fish I want. Your tank looks down right gorgeous and you can not change a thing and still have one of the best looking setups on this forum!!!!

Wow!! Thanks for the compliment!!!

I know the feeling. Looks good tho. Just changed my lights yesterday. Before and after pics

Attachments

• image-3203041821.jpg
    image-3203041821.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 123
  • image-1895226397.jpg
    image-1895226397.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 119
Looks great to me if your that unsure? Have you tried flourecent lighting? I'm assumei g you have.lED s

We talked earlier about the doublebrights, and I'm coming around to them. Wait another year for a really sweet new and improved lighting system to hit the market. Blow your money then, but enjoy the lights you got till then. Looks sweet!
I'm sure you've answered these questions, but how much poundage of rock and wood are in there? Also, when you do a substrate vacuum PWC, are you moving the rock decor to vacuum the entire aquarium?

We talked earlier about the doublebrights, and I'm coming around to them. Wait another year for a really sweet new and improved lighting system to hit the market. Blow your money then, but enjoy the lights you got till then. Looks sweet!
I'm sure you've answered these questions, but how much poundage of rock and wood are in there? Also, when you do a substrate vacuum PWC, are you moving the rock decor to vacuum the entire aquarium?

True, I'll just wait it out. Thanks for the compliments. When I clean the sand I use my power head to blow all the debris all over then start the python. I don't move anything in the tank. I made a smaller hose that I clamp onto the larger hose. It's harder to I can get it into areas the larger one can't. Seems to be working just fine as parameters as of today were.

Ammonia 0
NitrAtes 10
Nitrites 0
pH 8.0

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom