hong kong pleco diet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccross

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hillstream Loach Diet.

Got a Hong Kong Pleco (sting ray pleco) from my brother in law. Anyone know if these need anything special in their diet? Googling hasn't given me too much info.

img_1926570_0_fb6499796671b7167540fb8d60d0dbeb.jpg

My friend feeds hers Rapashy Gel Good and also grows Algae on smooth rocks.

Smooth rocks + pan of water + sun = food

They need a River Tank. High flow and plenty of oxygen.

It was purchased from a local private fish store. The owner told him it was a Hong Kong. Supposedly the Guy breeds them.
Ok, well, now ya know that it's a Hillstream Loach (Known locally as a Borneo Suckerfish). Is he doin' pretty good? Sounds like they're a handful to keep!

phoenixkiller said:
Ok, well, now ya know that it's a Hillstream Loach (Known locally as a Borneo Suckerfish). Is he doin' pretty good? Sounds like they're a handful to keep!

That link also lists them as Hong Kong pleco's. Too many names for one fish, LOL. Looks like I might need to get a couple more to keep him happy. They like groups of 3 or more.

That link also lists them as Hong Kong pleco's. Too many names for one fish, LOL. Looks like I might need to get a couple more to keep him happy. They like groups of 3 or more.
Plannin' to make a trip to the LFS again?

Just a reminder for the future, please research a fish before you buy it, I have heard of people who bought Arowanas when they were a few inches long and put them in a 10 gallon fish tank. I highly recommend not to impulse buy!!

I didn't buy him. I got him and a few other fish from my brother in law. They are moving and don't want to transport their fish.

phoenixkiller said:
Ohhhhh ok. That makes a bit more sense. I hope he does alright!

He seems happy so far. I just wanna make sure I know how to take care of him. Thought maybe a few others here might have them.

Try changing the Title on your thread :)
More people know Hillstream Loach or Butterfly Pleco in my area.

Changed the title as suggested but it doesnt seem to be showing with the new title.

Back
Top Bottom