Hopeful Zero Cycle Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never hurts to do a test run before ya sink the majority of your money in. Although I think you'd be fine jumping in feet first, not like you're just starting out in the hobby.

Never hurts to do a test run before ya sink the majority of your money in. Although I think you'd be fine jumping in feet first, not like you're just starting out in the hobby.

Thanks lol.

After a "safe" betta, this is my first attempt at responsible fishkeeping. I screwed up a few times before, but I learned, you know?

I'd certainly recommend jeta's package to anyone who needs plants. It would easily fill up a 10g aquarium.

MABJ- Do it, do it, do it!!! Much more fun, different stock for when you make an order, and swap shrimp with your buddies!!! I would go for three, nice number, 1 male and two preggo females, LOL!!!

Lots of things in life aren't fun and this is pretty darn fun, for a low cost and maximum value. Do it, do it, do it!

Autumn, lol, I am ordering online for my shrimp. I'd like my 'official' stock to be quarantined and perfect.

I just placed my order for 12 RCS, one horned nerite. I officially chickened out on both the Rasboras and Micro Crabs.

I will get them.. but I'll build up some confidence first! LOL.

woot! You're gonna love them I can't stop watching mine lol

I wouldn't exactly say I'm "jealous" about your shrimp, since I'm not really a jealous person, but I wish I would be looking at some new shrimp in my own tank. LOL I am still learning about them. Can't wait to see your new ones. I am playing musical tanks, the last few weeks with my own and think I am much closer now to getting some of the pertinent details worked out. whew!

Very happy for you and glad you are caring for your pets to give them the best possible home and life experience.

I bet! And I'll be more than happy to trade/sell with others once my stock builds up.

Sake, did you notice Rachel has fire reds? 4 bucks a pop, tho.... I'm wondering if it'd be better to start out with 5-6 of those, and try to build a population?

Yeah I did notice that, but being broke, couldn't afford them. Plus with this being my first shrimp colony I wanted to see how it would go. What I may do is, breed mine, sell a few(I know I won't make much) and use that money to get another setup. Realistically I can set up another shrimp tank for 40-50 bucks.

Yeah! I'm looking at downgrading my gallon size and using a specifically designed nano/pico tank.

The 5g is officially too bulky lol. And I'm already planning on sellin some of my shrimpies lol.

Well I got two! They were acting funky in the bag, but after I put them in, they were much better. This one is sticking to his spot on the glass, but the one I suspect is a female is roaming alllllll around.

I was concerned about the filter flow and intake. The second I put the female in there, she was on it picking at the plants. I was scared because I thought she was stuck but nope. She got bored and hopped to a new column lol. They're so tiny. I am wondering if they will grow?

Sweet! I know you're going to really enjoy them, I know I have been. lol

I hope they live! I can't always trust the stock.

I'm sure they'll be just fine, you've done your research and have taken your time, so they have the best possible chance for survival.

It's true! Thanks for the reassurance. The one LOVES MY TANK. I've never seen a shrimp so happy to be alive lol.

Ok. That's so cute. Just hangin around! Upside down on my duckweed. Lol.

The female is around the grass. SHE'S PREGGGGGOOOOO. I hope she has babies soon.

This really must be how big they get. I could have 100 in this tank and it could handle them.

Theyre too cute. I'm not putting shrimp with them. I like them alone too much lol.

What kind are they?

I talked a 1 hour away, independent fish store, today, and he has all kinds of shrimp, Cherries, Fire, Bumble bee, Orange Sunkist, had babies too, blackberries ($2)., some other orange one, some kind of green, something white and red stripe and something he called dwarf, my neighbor came over, so I had to hang up, but I am sooooooo wanting to go visit..... = take some home. LOL

One of them was $10.00 I was trying to Google the images while he was talking. Not working that well. lol

So there is a bumble bee and another one called bee, and new bee? How much should the shrimp cost, can anyone tell me, so when I go and buy...ooops did I say I was going to buy something....

Should I post this question in the new invert catagory?

Autumnsky said:
What kind are they?

I talked a 1 hour away, independent fish store, today, and he has all kinds of shrimp, Cherries, Fire, Bumble bee, Orange Sunkist, had babies too, blackberries ($2)., some other orange one, some kind of green, something white and red stripe and something he called dwarf, my neighbor came over, so I had to hang up, but I am sooooooo wanting to go visit..... = take some home. LOL

One of them was $10.00 I was trying to Google the images while he was talking. Not working that well. lol

So there is a bumble bee and another one called bee, and new bee? How much should the shrimp cost, can anyone tell me, so when I go and buy...ooops did I say I was going to buy something....

Probably should have made a new thread lol :) but that's pretty cool! I love my LfS down here, he always orders shrimp or me and gives me some freebies:)

Yes, there's a shrimp calle bumble bee and crystal black shrimp. Both look very similar, but I I'm not mistaken the bumblebee has more of a goldish tint too it. My profile picture is a crystal black shrimp (CBS) most of the shrimp that you said he had, are Neo's:) just an FYI lol

Autumnsky said:
What kind are they?

Shrimp can cost anywhere from .50 cents to 15 dollars each. It depends on their rarity. I'd be careful. Do plenty of research. Any shrimp with the same first scientific name will breed with another shrimp of that same name. So black and red crystal shrimp will inbreed and create an ugly offspring. Same with red cherry and blue pearl shrimp.

:) wish I could go. And yeah these RCS are cool!!

Back
Top Bottom