Hopeful Zero Cycle Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Making more plants...

Thanks everybody!

I'm not sure of this grass, but it looks like parts of. It are branching up and out. I don't see runners yet, nor do I think I will.

With the stem plants, can I just trim the bottom and replant both parts of what I cut off?

So I'll cut the roots of my grasses to replant :)

Thanks for everybody's help.

Not all plants have runners so maybe that one doesn't.

As for the stem plants, it depends on if you have seen it trying to root from nodules or not some will rot away and others will grow plants from each joint.

One of the tricks to multiply your tall stem plants is to lay down one or more of the stems horizontally and over time, new plant growth will increase from the joints and sometimes cause roots to grow as well. See "layering" at Wikipedia its plant propagation.

I did that with one, and it worked like a charm ;D I'm selling some stems from it now.

As for the grass, after finding the scientific name, it is a Blyxia, it is a stem plant too. It just is a heavily leaved low to the ground stem plant. It grows upwards by the stem, then you eventually cut and replant it.

Back
Top Bottom