HORRIFIED! OMG!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sudz

Aquarium Advice Addict
:sorry: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: 8O 8O 8O 8O

I was watching my fish tank instead of doing an assignment... Watching my rainbow go nuts over falling shrimp pellets i just put in... When he turned around, and just swallowed a neon... THE WHOLE THING!!! He spit it out about 10 seconds later, and the neon just was twitching, and sank to the bottom and floated around a bit, It stopped twitching. The rainbow must have broken its spine!

HORRIBLE!!!!

I know where my neons have been going! The rainbow just eats anything it can fit in its mouth!I have 4 neons left now :-( (from 9 about 3 weeks ago!)

I guess the rainbow just realized a few weeks ago that neons taste good. Damned expensive food if you ask me! :mad::mad:

What kind of Rainbow was it? My Australian is pretty big and i never have once seen her take an interest in my neons.

Wow, the life of a fish :)

Holy smokes. I guess that solves the mystery of the missing neons! Maybe you'd better find a new home for the remaining 4.

o__O; poor neon.... sounds like when I watched one of my fish try and eat some fry that was too big for it's mouth..spit it out with it's spine broken and it like..stayed alive half paralyzed for a while until they tried again and spit it out and it eye popped off and..omg it was just disgusting...

sudz said:
:sorry: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: 8O 8O 8O 8O

I was watching my fish tank instead of doing an assignment... Watching my rainbow go nuts over falling shrimp pellets i just put in... When he turned around, and just swallowed a neon... THE WHOLE THING!!! He spit it out about 10 seconds later, and the neon just was twitching, and sank to the bottom and floated around a bit, It stopped twitching. The rainbow must have broken its spine!

HORRIBLE!!!!

I know where my neons have been going! The rainbow just eats anything it can fit in its mouth!I have 4 neons left now :-( (from 9 about 3 weeks ago!)

I guess the rainbow just realized a few weeks ago that neons taste good. Damned expensive food if you ask me! :mad::mad:

Just out of curiosity; how bid are the rainbows and the neons?

The neons are fully grown, but old. The rainbow isn't quite yet fully grown. I believe the rainbow spit it out because it was too big. Its like it got rammed in there, folded in half, then spit out. what i think NOW, is that the rainbow has been killing them, then the black phantom tetra's and blue gourami eat alot of the body (they've done so before) and then the rainbow finished it off, without a trace. I pulled this body out before any such thing happened. It was still twitching, so i froze the body, for good measure (was afraid of a fishy-version of being a quadriplegic but still alive. I flushed it just before i came to the computer just now (so it was in the freezer for a good few hours)

trotty said:
ive seen black widows tatras eat neons.....

that must have been one dinky neon, widows (we replace widow with skirts in america) only get maybe twice as big as a neon

Now that would really suck. I have never had a fisht hat got along wit other fish and then just all of the sudden turn on them. Would be quite shock to see my BN eat a neon all of the sudden. Kind of like when I realized my ghost/glass shrimp were catching and eating my guppy fry.

lol... that would do it. I'm down to 3 neons. I've even over feeding. I think its actually happening WHEN i'm feeding. the rainbow goes nuts and eats anything that'll fit, i guess :(

I often think my young rainbows are going to choak whenever I add shrimp pellets, they swallow them whole and carry them around in their mouth for awhile.

Sorry about your neon, I can believe it though.

when i first purchased my tank the pet shop who didn't know what they were on about told me it was ok to have angels and neons together so i did

i brought about 30 neons and they were mysteriously dissapearing until one day i seen my big angel suck a neon in whole thought i was seeing things but no i wasn't in a few more days they were all gone i was very dissapointed

Back
Top Bottom