How 2 hatch zebra/olive nerite snail eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Bubble00

Aquarium Advice Regular
I Got a new driftwood, so I removed the one with tons of zebra nerite eggs into another container and I want to know how to hatch it and what does tha larvae eat. If this experiment started succesful, I might try selling it online ?

I believe the eggs aren't fertile or can hatch unless they get laid after the adults bred in brackish water

^^ That's what I thought too, however I was curious about this myself, and found on another forum where somebody that was breeding them kept the parents in fresh water. Then they moved the driftwood or other decor with the eggs on it to saltwater to hatch; not brackish.... They said that they had much better success that way, than hatching in brackish water. Idk, of course that's all me said, they said.... lol

I just discovered that there are 2 females ?. No wonder so many eggs

^^ That's what I thought too, however I was curious about this myself, and found on another forum where somebody that was breeding them kept the parents in fresh water. Then they moved the driftwood or other decor with the eggs on it to saltwater to hatch; not brackish.... They said that they had much better success that way, than hatching in brackish water. Idk, of course that's all me said, they said.... lol
Well, thanks for telling me how to hatch it ^_^. Now the feeding part, what do they eat?

Back
Top Bottom