how do you feed your cories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxima423

Aquarium Advice Addict
so i was wondering about you cory lovers and how you feed your cories? do you just put in a whole wafer? or do you break them up into several pieces? i break mines up, i noticed that they dont like whole wafers, i break my wafer into i would say, 8-10 small pieces each and they seem to like it that way =]

Never kept cories but it sounds like you found a good way to feed them :)

Every fish is different so if it works, keep it up! Never hurts to try different things, but for instance, if you feed a whole wafer and it's no good... only try it a few more times (when the cories are hungry) before you go back to normal. I'd say if you are trying to accustom the fish to a different food or feeding method, 3 days in a row should give the fish enough time and hunger to be motivated to eat it. If they still won't eat that feeding method, then move on.

My two cents :) Keep up the good work buddy.

My cories love whole sinking wafers, at least the Hikari brand with the cory on the package ;0 I've tried 'veggie' wafers, which are probably more for plecos or other heavy foliage feeders, and the cories would eat them, but weren't all that crazy about it. They also like shrimp pellets and sinking pellets (the new life spectrum stuff). If it's a tank where there is not much competition for flake food, they'll eat the spirulina flakes that fall to the bottom. Really, they're not very picky, and breaking up the food doesn't seem to change their appetite.

I usually just toss a wafer in every other day, but after reading cwt's post I think I'm going to try some new foods for my cories (I have four - 3 albino, 1 brown) and see if they like the change. I do know that my cories would eat the tadpole/frog pellets I had for my African dwarf frog, before the frog died.

I have wafers that I will drop in every few days. All four of them like to eat off of it. Most of the time I use small Tetra sinking pellets. They fall inbetween the gravel so it gives them something to scavenge for since they do it anyway.

I never have to turn off my tank lights to feed my cories. They're always out and scavenging.

okay i bought some shrimp pellets >___< they dont seem to like them at ALL!!! i got them after receiving my package of catfish pellets from kensfish.com , they seem not to care for the shrimp pellets at all =[

my pleco however, will suck on them for a good min or two

the cories and BN pleco also started chowing down on whole veggie wafers!!! its about time those cories started chowing down on them

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom