How do you use the Fluval gravel cleaner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_Fan

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a Fluval Edge 6g and I don't know how to use the gravel vacuum well. I have tried but it doesn't suck up water or anything, i put it in the gravel and move in around fast like the box says to and the water just gets dirty. I dont know what to do Please Help
Thanks so much

Place it into the water. Set a bucket on the floor then start sucking on the tube to remove the air. As soon as you see water go over the top loop of the tube aim the bottom of the tube to your bucket. It may take a time or two but you'll get it.

If you don't get it on the first attempt chances are you'll have a little water in the tube. If so, lift the large part out and drain it. Otherwise, when you start the process again you'll get a mouth full if water.

Have fun!

what part do you blow on?
think if your tank as a giant milk shake, and your siphon vac is the straw.. Get it?? Suck on the tube until water moves. Draining bucket should be lower than the tank, as should starting point of suction..

Just read your post and thought I'd comment. I have never had to suck on the tube to get the water flowing. Instead what I do is put the vacuum in the tank and kinda shake it in an up and down manner and every shake I do the water pushes up. Once the water reaches that loop on top, it'll start flowing on it's own and it sucks everything up. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom