How many fish in a 20?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tkociban

Aquarium Advice Regular
How many fish would you guys say I could put in a 20 gallon long.
Current:
1 clown
1 sand sifting star
1 snowflake eel

I was think getting a puffer. Is that possible.

You could go with one clown, but be careful what kind..... some can get quite large. A tank-raised Ocellaris would probably be your best bet.
Tank is way too small for a Snowflake, and there aren't any puffers that I know of that will work in a 20.
I'd wait for any kind of starfish..... they need well established systems in order to have enough to eat.

How many fish would you guys say I could put in a 20 gallon long.
Current:
1 clown
1 sand sifting star
1 snowflake eel

I was think getting a puffer. Is that possible.

Is say your done. The snowflake eel needs a 55 gallon minimum. You might want to re home it. The clown is fine IMO and so is the star.

If you re homed the eel you could do a goby and pistol shrimp pair.

Those snowflake eels can get aggressive also.

Is say your done. The snowflake eel needs a 55 gallon minimum. You might want to re home it. The clown is fine IMO and so is the star.

If you re homed the eel you could do a goby and pistol shrimp pair.

Those snowflake eels can get aggressive also.

I'm going to upgrade pretty soon.

Probably a 40 breeder. I heard they are better than a 55 and probably 2-5 months.

40 breeders are great due to the footprint they have. Honestly you could get away with the eel in a 40b although its not ideal, they grow up to 2' in home aquariums. Are you gonna continue to try and do a reef or switch to fowlr?

40 breeders are great due to the footprint they have. Honestly you could get away with the eel in a 40b although its not ideal, they grow up to 2' in home aquariums. Are you gonna continue to try and do a reef or switch to fowlr?

I'm probably going to do a fwolr

Go to liveaquaria.com and browse their fish. See what would suit your tank size and build a list of what you like then bring it back here and well go over it.

Go to liveaquaria.com and browse their fish. See what would suit your tank size and build a list of what you like then bring it back here and well go over it.

Ok I'll start on that.

Striated angler
Papuan Toby puffer
Blue spotted puffer
Bennett's sharpnose puffer
Harlequin bass
Black back butterflyfish
Chalk bass
Blue spotted watchman gobie
Two line monocle bream

That is all the fish that I found that I like. I know I can't fit them all. The only fish I know that will definitely be in there is some kind of puffer.

Puffers mean no inverts can be kept just so you know but how about this (once you get the larger tank) the sharpnose, harlequin bass, plus your eel and clown.

Puffers mean no inverts can be kept just so you know but how about this (once you get the larger tank) the sharpnose, harlequin bass, plus your eel and clown.

The puffer fish is one of the main reasons I started saltwater besides the snowflake and I already have him. I really don't need inverts.

How about this:

Blue spotted puffer
Harlequin bass
Black back butter fly
Clown
And eel

I wouldn't do the butterfly they are difficult to feed. Also your talking about getting a 40 and most these fish require a 50 so you wanna stock light.

I wouldn't do the butterfly they are difficult to feed. Also your talking about getting a 40 and most these fish require a 50 so you wanna stock light.

How about an angler instead.

Back
Top Bottom