How many fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

y2klovebug

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So with the help of this fab forum we gave successfully cycled our new 64l fish rank and moved our existing fish over. We have a red tail shark, angel fish and bristle nose Pleco. Now we are after some more fish to add to these in our bigger rank but not sure how many we can add? I've tried online calculator things but I just can't get on with them! My hubby us thinking of gouramis and possibly some neon or silver tip tetras.

I would remove the red tail shark and angel because they get too big for a 64L tank (16g)

Or do you mean 64 gallon tank?

If your tank is 16 gallons, I'm gonna suggest taking everything out and restocking. I think bn plecos get to 6 inches max ? That's a bit big for your tank if that's true, red tails and angels get rather large also. Your best bet is a school of tetras, some Pygmy cories/oto cats, and a betta or maybe (not sure, hopefully someone else will chime in) a pair of dwarf gouramis.

My bn male is about 4 or 5 inches, female 3 or so. My neighbour had a humongous bn catfish in a 50 litre and it just looked out of place and needed another home. He ended up selling to lfs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom