How old is your oldest fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saberry

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm obviously just getting started, but I was wondering what is the oldest fish that some of you have in your tanks. I know age will vary by species but just curious as to what I have to look forward to if I can mantain a good healthy tank.

I have a male betta thats around a year and a half, or two years old I reckon.

Havn't had him that long, but thats about how old he is.

I have an Oscar that is 16 years old and a Jack Dempsey that is a little less. I bought them within a few months of each other and they've survived numerous moves. The Red Devil I also bought with them just died about six months ago.

I have several saltwater fish over ten years old.

Oh awesome Beerman!

Most of my fish are fairly new; my oldest is my first angelfish, who has got to be 2 yrs old by now. However, I have a feeling some of my fish are going to outlive me LOL I've clown loaches who live a coupla decades and a plec who lives even longer!

I have 1 8-9 year old comet, another is about 7.
My 10 year old died recently along with my 2 year old.

9-10 year old upside-down catfish. He survived 6 weeks with no food once. (My wife forgot instructions when I traveled to London for business).

I have a 7 year old clown loach (just under 10 inches long, nose to tail). My oldest fish(es) recently passed, a veiltail female angel was 9 years old; her daughter (who passed a month later) was 7.5 years old. It wasn't until their passing that I realized just how attached a person becomes towards their fish. :D

I have a 1.5 year olf flying fox and silver tip tetras in my parents tank.

My oldest fish is a fancytail goldfish that is approx. 6+ years old.
I had a white comet (planter) goldfish that I won at a party as a small child. I had that fish for 15 years (and then some). Amazing! :D
Because you know I didn't take care of the fish like I probally should of (being a child and all) :wink:

My oldest fish is like 3 months old or something like that...I just got back into the hobby after a long hiatus...I owned a Betta for 2 years once, though.

Old fish

Until recently (I had to give them away because they were eating all the plants), I had five huge silver dollars. Four of them were 5 years old, and one of them was over 7 years old.

i have a black moore goldfish who is coming up on a year this febuary. He was the first fish i have ever had, and he has never died.

Back
Top Bottom