How to treat white spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phatpaul

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone, my question is how do i treat white spot in a tank which contains cherry shrimps?

What else is in the tank that you noticed ich on?

You don't need meds for ich, you can just do the natural heat method to cure it.

Lol hi lynda again. My stock at the mo are neons,ember tetras,gbrs,bn plecos and cories plus cherry and tiger shrimps and assasin snails. Iv notice the whitspot on my neons and iv seen one white spot on one of my rams

Just raise the heat slowly, a few degrees per day to around 86.

Add an airstone, if you don't have one.

Do gravel vacs every 2-3 days.

Hi. Again its been a few days now and iv up the temp and done gravel vacs and done partial water changes. But it seems that the white spot got even worse, anything else i can do that wont harm my shrimps.

Ich always gets worse before it gets better. The first time you experience it, you think you're going to lose your mind. But keep your cool and it'll be fine.

Thanks lynda. I use to treat it with chemicals when i didnt have shrimp. I very cautiious treating any chemicals with shrimp as i managed to kill off a whole colony of 70-100 cherry shrimps about 2 years ago using a treatment thats not ment to harm inverts. But the up side of doing more pwc and upping the temp is that my neons were trying to breed : ) i came down stairs yesterday morning to see a pair of neons what i thought was arguing then the next thing i see is the female squirting out about 15 eggs and the male trying to fertilize them as they fall through the water. Iv never seen neons do this before lol

phatpaul said:
Thanks lynda. I use to treat it with chemicals when i didnt have shrimp. I very cautiious treating any chemicals with shrimp as i managed to kill off a whole colony of 70-100 cherry shrimps about 2 years ago using a treatment thats not ment to harm inverts. But the up side of doing more pwc and upping the temp is that my neons were trying to breed : ) i came down stairs yesterday morning to see a pair of neons what i thought was arguing then the next thing i see is the female squirting out about 15 eggs and the male trying to fertilize them as they fall through the water. Iv never seen neons do this before lol

Good luck with treatment. Congrats on your neons breeding!

Back
Top Bottom