How would you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicafish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a ten gallon with only a docile betta in it. I'm wondering if anything what you would add to it? It has a soft sand bottom, completely cycled, and lots of hideouts.

I was thinking maybe a small school of Pygmy Cories or tetras but I don't know... Any ideas would be appreciated. (Please say how many of whatever your suggestion is and how many tetras or Pygmy Cories you would think it good)

You could do 6 Pygmy corys, and maybe a school of 6 nano fish such as celestial pearl danios, green neon tetras, or ember tetras (if your beta is ok towards other fish).

You could do 6 Pygmy corys, and maybe a school of 6 nano fish such as celestial pearl danios, green neon tetras, or ember tetras (if your beta is ok towards other fish).
couldn't agree more!!! Celestials would be my firsty

Every beta is different. Some will attack every moving thing and some will live peacefully with everything.

I haven't tried my betta with other fish yet but he is defiantly the most docile betta I have ever owned. I have an extra tank I can move him to if something fails though.

I could have Pygmy Cories and celestial pearl danios? That would be awesome! I don't know that I can find Celestials in my town though :(

Yea, they are a little harder to find. And they're usually around $8-9 each. Green neons and ember tetras are less expensive and easier to find.

I'm pretty sure I've seen ember tetras in my town before. I will probably end up going with them!

Best advice for tankmates I can give would be to not add any male guppies or endlers livebearers

Ember tetras would be a better choice than CPDs. CPDs are much more shy and retiring.

Back
Top Bottom