Hows my stocking/can I add more?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandon K.A

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hows my 29 gallon stock? Also, can I add two angels? Should I add any more fish?

29 Gallon
-1 Swordtail
-3 Neons
-1 BN pleco
-1 Cory Catfish
-2 Neon Dwarf Gouramis

I was thinking adding more neons as I think they would need more than 3.

I would not add 2 angels. Most people would consider a 29 fully stocked with 2 angels. I think you could add one, although I would add more neons and corys instead because they are a schooling fish and they aren't going to do well in those current numbers.

FishFanatic88 said:
I would add:
5 neons
3 cories
and either 2 angels OR 2 GBR

Hate to rain on your parade but I wouldn't add two angels to that tank. They might try to kill the neons , plus they grow large and like mentioned will probably fully stock a tank by themselves. I would add neons, Cories and maybe a pearl gourami. The german blue rams could work but they need pristine water quality IME.

Hows my 29 gallon stock? Also, can I add two angels? Should I add any more fish?

29 Gallon
-1 Swordtail
-3 Neons
-1 BN pleco
-1 Cory Catfish
-2 Neon Dwarf Gouramis

I was thinking adding more neons as I think they would need more than 3.

You should build your neon school to at least 6, 8 is better. You need to build your cory school (same species) to at least 3, 5 is better.

What is a neon dwarf gourami? I've never heard of that species.

Ok, thanks for the suggestions! Seems like I will add 5 or more neons and maybe a few more corys. I moght just stay away from angels.

This is a neon dwarf gourami. Quite nice fish.

Attachments

• neon-blue-dwarf-gourami.jpeg
    neon-blue-dwarf-gourami.jpeg
    15.3 KB · Views: 2,624
Back
Top Bottom