HRP info?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knutsen1122

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just recently acquainted a mated pair of true platinum HRP's and for the life of me I cannot find much information on line about them at all. Has anybody kept these or know anything about them?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407178319.908442.jpg

I'm not experienced with these, but those are gorgeous!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks! Those were takin Saturday when I got them. You should see them now that they are comfortable.

Wow. The fin colour against the body colour looks superb.

Care will be the same for regular HRP and spawns will likely throw a mix of colors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Care will be the same for regular HRP and spawns will likely throw a mix of colors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Actually that was one thing I did know about them. I just can't find any info about HRP's in general. They seem to be very un described.

I don't see why it wouldn't be the same as with convicts they are closely related and sometimes mistaken for each other.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

They tend to be a slightly calmer version of a convict. They aren't an actual species yet, and were just moved to the genus amatitlania, so they are now amatitlania sp. "honduran red point"

Very similar to a Convict but much more mellow. They are great fish. Depending on what size the tank is and what else is in the tank? They can get a little nasty, my male took over the tank he was in until it is now just him as he just killed his mate unfortunately.

Oh wow! Definitely jealous. Would love to see their fry!

Info will be the same as convicts. HRP's are not as aggressive as cons, they will breed as much but the spawn size is much smaller. Cons will have hundreds where as a good HRP pair will have up to 100. I find them to be quite aggressive with each other but tend to leave other fish alone for the most part. With fry they are more aggressive of course but not as much as some cichlids especially cons. Your gonna be over run with fry soon enough. I only have a male now and a few fry that are going soon.

Info will be the same as convicts. HRP's are not as aggressive as cons, they will breed as much but the spawn size is much smaller. Cons will have hundreds where as a good HRP pair will have up to 100. I find them to be quite aggressive with each other but tend to leave other fish alone for the most part. With fry they are more aggressive of course but not as much as some cichlids especially cons. Your gonna be over run with fry soon enough. I only have a male now and a few fry that are going soon.

I was told that I may have to remove the female once the fry are free swimming, due to the male being aggressive towards her. What do you think? I had them in with a green terror and once her belly turned orange the male got very aggressive. So I had to move them to there own tank.

Yes mine got aggressive and nip her tail off and chased her really bad but the tank was a 125 gallon 6 foot tank so I left them be. He only did that the first spawn after that he didn't treat her that way.

Back
Top Bottom