Humm Frozen Bio Pure brine shrmip by Hikari

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Musket

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What color are these supposed to be when thawed?
I just got a package yesterday and this morning I broke off a piece to thaw for my fish and frog and I thought they were supposed to be a different color. I see no dates on the package and so far have not found their website.

THought I'd ask you guys first. I don't want to give them to my kids if they are not good.
Thanks for any info.

Okay. I though they were supposed to be lighter or pinkish.. These are dark brown when thawed en mass... At closer inspection you see the little eyes, clearish body with a brown stripe. Some are brown, some seem whitish and some are peachy-pink like I thought they should be. Are these safe? They just look kinda.. old. The package does not look freezer burned or anything. Just wondering if they are safe.

Well I have to put my face to the little bowl I use... Then it Does smell a little fishy. Just kinda looks like weird lumpy Mud.
Is that NORMAL?
Am I just used to krill and blood worms? I used these once before, and I do not remember them being so murky looking.

so am I wrong by putting the frozen cube in there without thawing?

My fish LOVE the frozen cubes

So do you guys think these are safe to use all brown and white with a little pink or should I return them?

Well, I found my old package of brine shrimp, same brand and thawed some out, they are definately not muddy brown like these new ones. I am going to return them and see if I can get an exchange. Even the frozen mass doesn't look so brown but more reddish-brown.
Thanks for your info.

I agree lovemybarbs, that is why I am seeking to return them. I'm just glad I found my last bag, I knew they didn't look like the old stuff.. I thought I was losing my mind.....
*better tie a rope to it, so it can't wander too far off*

In the wild they can be reddish brown, pinkish, tan and even green. It kind of depends on what they were eating.

thanks Apocalypse_Gold, but these were murky brown. Only with a magnifying glass could you see a few (very few) pink ones.

Back
Top Bottom