Hygrophila kompakt leaf root

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niccobacci11

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I will try to make this short and to the point. So I have had an emersed setup with this plant for a while, it could also be corymbosa as well if that has any effect, anyways one of them dropped a few leaves, which I notice happens if it gets a little dry, but I went to take out a couple leaves and found them with good sized roots on them. They are about 2 inches long. So my real questions are, is this normal? Does anything become of these leaves with roots? Is there a special reason it does this if it doesn't grow a new plant?
Here are some pictures:)ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408172819.248184.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408172841.026905.jpg

Any questions please ask :)

Had a similar thing happen with Bacopa caroliniana. Some leaves that remained in the tank after trimming would develop a root at the base of the leaf. This even occurred with partial leaves. Then a very small plant would start growing near where the root appeared. It would take quite a while before the plant would grow to be "normal" sized. I assume this is some natural form of propagation.

Back
Top Bottom