I blame this site and all of you !!!!!!!!!! ;-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chasgood

Aquarium Advice Freak
Thanks to this site and all you fine people talking fish I am thinking hard about getting another tank. Only one small problem. Either the sofa or the dining room table will have to go so I can fit a 75 gal tank in here. lol

Seriously I may put the 37gal in the bedroom and make do with just one big tank in the living area.
Curious how many have tanks in the bedroom?

I have a huge wall in my bedroom that is just begging for an aquarium to fill up the empty space. Unfortunately, it gets too hot in there (realized it was a cheaply done addon after we moved in), and a chiller system is way too expensive.

Going to rearrange the living room and stick another aquarium in there. Going to be at least 75 gal. my 29 isnt cutting it anymore :lol:

OMG, welcome to the club chasgood :D . Luckily I have no tanks in my bedroom but...If I told you how many (and how many gallons), sheesh...I don't believe it myself!! *LOL*

Hehe...thanks to my parents who hate fish...ALL my tanks are in my bedroom...You'd fall over walking in there.

So, I have my 55 gallon along the wall.
20 gal long for the turtles on my dresser
5 gal on my other dresser, for the betta.
29 gal SW..next to the 55 gal FW on the wall
And my 10 gal QT, which is sitting on a table, on the wall opposite the other tanks..

And, my turtles take GREAT delight in knocking the filter outlet up in the air..so it shoots water ALL over the place...wakes me up every night... They don't let me sleep past 9 on the weekends, before they do it, or start kicking there rocks around and hitting the glass... The lights go on, and they stop :wink:

Anyways, welcome to the MTS club!

Devilishturtles said:

Hehe...thanks to my parents who hate fish...ALL my tanks are in my bedroom...You'd fall over walking in there.

So, I have my 55 gallon along the wall.
20 gal long for the turtles on my dresser
5 gal on my other dresser, for the betta.
29 gal SW..next to the 55 gal FW on the wall
And my 10 gal QT, which is sitting on a table, on the wall opposite the other tanks..

And, my turtles take GREAT delight in knocking the filter outlet up in the air..so it shoots water ALL over the place...wakes me up every night... They don't let me sleep past 9 on the weekends, before they do it, or start kicking there rocks around and hitting the glass... The lights go on, and they stop :wink:

Anyways, welcome to the MTS club!

Holy cow...that is one big bedroom.....or.....a really small bed!

I have two 10gals in my bedroom, a 5 gal in my sons room for his betta and a 2.5gal in my girls room for her betta.

Not to mention the 55gal and the 180gal in the livingroom...lol

I have a 29gallon tank and 10 gallon tank in my bedroom.

Stays warm in my room with the extra "radiator"...but it isn't fun in the summer.

Holy cow...that is one big bedroom.....or.....a really small bed!

My parents knocked out a wall a few years ago, and myself being the oldest child, I got the huge bedroom.

Good thing, or I wouldn't be a MTS'er, and we can't have that now can we?? :wink:

My 29SW and my 30Gal FW are in my bedroom.

3 10gals are in the Living room, and 3 tanks are empty [ their begging for fish tho, I can hear them :lol: ]

The only reason I "don't" have tank in my bedroom yet is that my hubby objects (like I care) and my 3 yr old still has her toddler bed in there. After her new room is built this year I can just picture a 180gal on that wall. *sighs*

But, I do have a 20g on my kitchen counter, a 10g on one wall of the hallway and my 55g on the prominent wall in the hall. Nice set up huh?

It is nice to see that aquariums in bedrooms dont bother people. I have found that the Eclipse hood with the built in filter to be very quiet as long as the tank is full and the empellor cleaned now and then. Should be no problem.

chasgood said:
It is nice to see that aquariums in bedrooms dont bother people. I have found that the Eclipse hood with the built in filter to be very quiet as long as the tank is full and the empellor cleaned now and then. Should be no problem.

Yep, only time it gets to be a problem is when the water level drops to low. The splashing of the Dual Penguin 170s gets a little hard to sleep with, then.

I have 4 Aquariums going in my bedroom as well as a tank of Hermit Crabs that make WAY more noise than the tanks at night. I've had tanks in my room ever since I started keeping fish...

Back
Top Bottom