I caught Mantis today with Pic link

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeyB

Aquarium Advice Regular
I looked at my tank this moring as I do every morning and I saw something poke its heads out from under a rock. So I watched a little closer and I realized it was a mantis shrimp. I have been hearing clicking for a while now but never could find anything. So after watching for a while and being very still I saw him climb into A hole in one of my rocks. So I lifted the rock up very slowly and placed it in a pan. Then i went and fllled a 5 gal. bucket with cold RO/DI and IO that was in my garage. I placed the rock in the bucket and let it sit for like 15 min and I finally started to see his head comeout. Then I took a bamboo scewer that you use for cooking and kind of pride him/ fought him out of the hole. After I got him out he started going crazy so I grabed the rock out of the bucket and placed it back in the tank. He now has a home at the LFS. In the photos he looks dead but I think he was still stunned from the cold water and the fighting.

Here is the link to the Mantis I battled this morning.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=7129&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

I really dont think they are that hard to get out once you find where they are. Lets hope that was the last one.

Back
Top Bottom