I did everything wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you need any help with planting I'll glady help turtle. As for which apistogramma species I wish I knew. I've got a part picture of the male but will get some better pics asap.

Attachments

• 20140112_143718.jpg
    20140112_143718.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 30
German blue rams would look awesome with cardinals and rummynose tetra in a heavily planted tank and a small school of corydoras :)

Ps Does your female apisto chase your male mostly like mine ? Ps They look great btw will colour up more in no time once they settle.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

German blue rams would look awesome with cardinals and rummynose tetra in a heavily planted tank and a small school of corydoras :)

Ps Does your female apisto chase your male mostly like mine ? Ps They look great btw will colour up more in no time once they settle.

My water is not warm enough for a German blue ram. Heater can't get the temp higher than 78F. I am already glad that my Angel doesn't seem to mind.

haaaaaaaaa I like that. Finally a fishy girl that turns the way around. Go fishy go:lol: bother him

What wattage heater is it ? You may need a bigger one.

150 Watt.
I am also unsure if my cory and platy would appreciate much warmer water. For them it's perfect now.

150 Watt. I am also unsure if my cory and platy would appreciate much warmer water. For them it's perfect now.
you could/should double up on those 150's, in case you get ich and need to crank it up to 86, my Pygmy Cory's are lovin 80.5 degrees.. Fishy. Hah yah a lil bit, she aggressively tries to get him in the cave, it's fun to watch!

Last edited:
You really need two 150 watt heaters or one 300 watt heater for that amount of water in a 75 gal. No wonder you struggle to get above 78f your really working the *** off that heater. It must be on 24/7 also two heaters are better than one incase you get a fault you still have one heater keeping your fish warm until you get the faulty one replaced. You should get a heater with a temp control knob so you can set when it will come on mine is anywhere from 74f to 86f. So you don't need to have a warmer tank with two heaters just 1. More control 2. Safer 3. More economic to run.

you could/should double up on those 150's, in case you get ich and need to crank it up to 86, my Pygmy Cory's are lovin 80.5 degrees.. Fishy. Hah yah a lil bit, she aggressively tries to get him in the cave, it's fun to watch!
does ich always effect all the fish or just single ones? If single fish don't you move it to the hospital tank?

You really need two 150 watt heaters or one 300 watt heater for that amount of water in a 75 gal. No wonder you struggle to get above 78f your really working the *** off that heater. It must be on 24/7 also two heaters are better than one incase you get a fault you still have one heater keeping your fish warm until you get the faulty one replaced. You should get a heater with a temp control knob so you can set when it will come on mine is anywhere from 74f to 86f. So you don't need to have a warmer tank with two heaters just 1. More control 2. Safer 3. More economic to run.
I have seen one from fluval I believe that had the temp control. Can you recommend this one?

Fluval are a reliable aquatic brand, and I'd say if it has a temp control and is 150 watt this would be well worth purchasing to run in conjunction with your current heater.

Ich is thought to be carried by all fish, when introducing new fish they can become stressed which in turn weakens their immune system and leaves them vulnerable to disease or parasite, ich is just the most common disposition in these cases. It's usually easily treated with heat! Best defense is offense, quarantine tanks!

I have learned much patience through fish keeping, still have not mastered it yet.. That's why I have hundreds if dollars of stuff I'll never use in a bin under my tanks haha

Yeah patience is what fish keeping taught me the most. Any little platy fry yet ?

nothing there yet. Cleaned both tanks nicely today because tomorrow I wanna get some more fish. Which exactly I will decide wants I see them
My platy girls are really big but I can't manage to make I nice pic from them. To fast and always blurred :fish2:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom