I did everything wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New fish? Yippie!! Are you going to quarantine?
I know you said I should but do I really have to? The small tank holds my two platy babies and they are happy and healthy.
I am getting the fish from big A as usual. Are they not guaranteed healthy?

Is one of these plants easy and high growing? Low to med light?
Torta Vals
Hygro Compacts
Telantheras

they are on sale this week. Any use for me Brookster?:brows:

I know you said I should but do I really have to? The small tank holds my two platy babies and they are happy and healthy. I am getting the fish from big A as usual. Are they not guaranteed healthy?
they may be gauranteed but that only means they'll replace dead fish, after infecting my whole tank with adding new fish I would strongly urge the quarantine. I'd risk platy babies over the well being of your entire 75 gal stock..

they may be gauranteed but that only means they'll replace dead fish, after infecting my whole tank with adding new fish I would strongly urge the quarantine. I'd risk platy babies over the well being of your entire 75 gal stock..
but I love my babies. They're already two month old...maybe I can move them over to the big tank? I think they are to big to be eaten by now....and the angel is still a babes.
How long quarantine?

but I love my babies. They're already two month old...maybe I can move them over to the big tank? I think they are to big to be eaten by now....and the angel is still a babes. How long quarantine?
it would be the best course IMO, 2 weeks at the very least, also using a general parasite medication is not always a bad idea either, I use seachem paraguard.

it would be the best course IMO, 2 weeks at the very least, also using a general parasite medication is not always a bad idea either, I use seachem paraguard.

My list for tomorrow is getting longer and longer:whistle:
fert taps (for my water sprite)
eventually the new fluval heater
paraguard
liquid co2
:fish2:
and some plants

I need a second job lol

Haha it gets expensive...fast... Root tabs, comprehensive liquid fert and a liquid carbon should get you heading in the right direction!

Yeah its expensive when you get a lot of stuff at the start. I only spend about 20 bucks a month now to maintain my tanks.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha it gets expensive...fast... Root tabs, comprehensive liquid fert and a liquid carbon should get you heading in the right direction!
The Saechem comprehensive ferts I use already. Does dwarf hair need the tabs too or are they happy with the liquid?

Yeah its expensive when you get a lot of stuff at the start. I only spend about 20 bucks a month now to maintain my tanks.

That is just the thing. The start up costs are crazy but once fully stocked with right equipment, fish and plants I am expecting the costs to be somewhere between $20 and $30 a month.

All in, including electric, 3 tanks or 60gal is costing no more than $30-40$ a month

Just checked the plants I mentioned earlier. They all need high lights so nothing for me.
Guess I am moving over to the planted tank community where I can find all the green grasshoppers :D

Just checked the plants I mentioned earlier. They all need high lights so nothing for me. Guess I am moving over to the planted tank community where I can find all the green grasshoppers :D
do it! Start a thread! Rivercats is all that us plants:)

Is one of these plants easy and high growing? Low to med light?
Torta Vals
Hygro Compacts
Telantheras

they are on sale this week. Any use for me Brookster?:brows:

The only plants I'd recommend for low to medium light to begin with would be any species of anubias and any species of cryptocoryne. Anubias needs to be attached to rock or wood with something like a rubber band or cotton string until the roots grow strong enough to attach themselves to the rock/wood, don't plant them in the substrate as the roots will just melt away and the plant will die. Crypts can be planted in the gravel but not too deeply. There's plenty of great options within those two species.

Back
Top Bottom