I have a bubble coral that looks bad.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cabezon

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a bubble coral that looks bad. It is not extending at all. I took it off the sand bottom and blew it with a power head, there was a lot of sand that came off. I wonder if two little fishies revive, or iodine would be good? Should I quarantine it in a little tub until it heals, if it does.

basically, what is best practice for corals that need help?

I'm not sure about how to fix the bubble, but placing it near enuf to the sand that if actually gets sand on it sounds like the start of the problem. Since you've cleaned it from the sand - you say a lot was on it - is a good move. Maybe it'll show some improvement soon, but keep it away from spots that sand can bother it again.

Yes if it has sand in it then it is irratated. I sit mine up in the rocks. I dont think an iodine dip would help but the revive might. Probably needs to be left alone for a while after the dip.

two clowns a hippo two damsels and a hawkfish.

I didn't find revive around here, which sux as it is from Miami.

it is up on rocks now and one head looks much better, the other not so much. Fingers crossed

I asked about your fish because some like to move sand around and end up spitting it on near by corals. From your fish list well maybe one of your clowns might be the one doing it.

Just leave him there for a while and he`ll be OK. You see mine in my avatar and he`s been in my rockwork for 11 yrs now. That pic was from about 8 yrs ago. He looks like this now.

015.jpg

Back
Top Bottom