I just got some ghost shrimp and now I found something extra in my tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Poliwog17

Aquarium Advice Regular
Please help me to identify this little guy I found in my tank this morning!

I need help identifying a foreign organism in my tank.

Bout a week ago I set up a freshwater 10 gallon tank. Yesterday I got a few ghost shrimp and this morning I noticed an extra little guy gliding around in there.
It is a round disc like organism approximately an 8th of an inch in diameter and length. It has a yellow body with clearish white "wings" on either side which just look like an extension of the body and a bunch of clear flagella near it's head and 2 oblong dark spots on either side of it's rear. It is quite cute. I don't know if it is larvae or a parasite or what but I need to know in case he is something that could potentially harm my tank.

image-1819556949.jpg

It's that blurry yellow spot in front of the ghost shrimp, unfortunately I couldn't get a clear shot of it.

image-545345076.jpg

Here it is gliding around in the water. It spends most of its time stuck to the glass or rocks in the corner though.

I think it could be a lil baby ghost shrimp but every picture I see is a tiny shrimp not spherical.

The more I look at it the more I think it looks like a baby shrimp though in early stage of development.

Is it okay for ghost shrimp to be in a tank with goldfish?

Back
Top Bottom